STIPEND Rules & CATEGORIES
a. Fauji Foundation awards educational stipend as an assistance to ex-service personnel and their dependents (herein after referred to as beneficiaries) for the pursuit of education and training within Pakistan only.
b. Beneficiaries. The Term “Beneficiaries” includes following for the grant of educational stipend: -
- Released, retired and dischargedpersonnel of the Regular Armed Forces (Army, Navy, Air Force, Northern Light Infantry, Defence Services Guards and 10 Corps Mujahids) citizens of Pakistan, AJ&K & Northern Areaswho served in Armed Forces for minimum 10 Years.
- Wives and widows (unless remarried) of 1b (1) above.
- Sons and unmarried/divorced daughters of 1b (1) above.
c. The condition of minimum 10 year service will be applicable to all ex-servicemen/women irrespective of their date of retirement. The condition, however, will not be applicable to the following categories:-
- Individuals invalided out of service/medically boarded out of service on account of disability attributable/aggravated due to military service and in receipt of disability pension.
- Short Voluntary Service (SVS) personnel and Short Service Engagement (SSE)personnel released from service on completion of their condition of enrolment.
- Personnel discharged from service “Being Surplus to Establishment”.
- Children of Shuhada.
- Children of personnel who died during service.
2. Stipend Categories/Groups, Qualifications & Rates:-
|Category/ Group||Qualification||Stipend Rate (per annum)|
b. Class 9 & 10 (Children of normal ex service personnel).
|On promotion to next higher class.||
|Group - 1
Intermediate (FA/FSc or equivalent)
a. Minimum 60 % marks in matric or equivalent and intervening classes also.#
b. Students securing 80% & above marks in Matric or equivalent exam & minimum 60% marks in intervening classes.
|Group - 2
Graduation (BBA/BS/BA/BSc or equivalent)
a. Minimum 60% marks in intermediate or equivalent and intervening classes.#
b. Students securing 80% & above marks in Intermediate or equivalent exam &minimum 60% marks in intervening classes.
|Group - 3
Post Graduation (MS/MA/ MSc& Professional courses/classes)
a. Minimum 60% marks in last board/ university exam and intervening classes also.#
b. Students securing 80% & above marks in Intermediate and minimum 60% marks in university orequivalent exam & intervening classes.
|Normal rate of equivalent class/group|
|VTC/TTC/Polytechnic||On admission and promotion to next class, if applicable(irrespective of marks obtained).||Rs.2200.00|
|Disabled/Special Children||On admission in Class 1 onwards (irrespective of marks obtained).||Rs.5000.00|
(1) Students securing 80% & above marks in Intermediate or equivalent exam & undergoing higher professional courses as per Para 8. c of Fauji Foundation Stipend Rules.
(2) For ‘A’ Level qualified students, minimum 80% marks In two subjects of concerned discipline.
(3) Continuation of Award. As per the para 8. b of Fauji Foundation Stipend Rules.
Govt Institutions :
Private specified Institutions :Rs. 60,000.00
|b. Post Graduation||(1) Minimum 80% & above marks in intermediate Exam.
(2) Minimum 67% marks in BA/BSc or equivalent Exams.
(3) Continuation of Award. As per the para 8.b of Fauji Foundation Stipend Rules.
|c. Distinction Award||
Students securing overall1st, 2nd and 3rd positions in Board/University final exams are eligible for distinction award in addition to normal award. They have to submit application separately for distinction as well as normal award duly supported with merit certificate, a certificate reflecting total number of students appeared in exam issued by the controller of exam and a copy of detailed mark sheet.
Note. To Become eligible for Distinction Award:-
(2) Minimum strength of students appeared in Board/ University Exam should be:-
(a) Upto 10 - No award
(3) Students obtaining positions in Govt, Defence Forces, Fauji Foundation Institutions and private Institutions approved for Excellence Award will only be granted Distinction Award.
(4)Verification fee of the documents; if required will be Paid by the students concerned
(5) Application for Distinction Award must be submitted within one year from the date of declaration of result.
a. For institutions following CGPA system, if the conversion criteria is not provided by the institution then it will be considered as follows:-
|Grade GPA Marks|
b. ‘O’ level / ‘A’ Level In case percentage of marks obtained is not given by the institution, then it will be considered as follows:-
|A||90% and above|
|B||80% and above|
|C||70% and above|
|D||60% and above|
a. The applicant must be a regular enrolled student of a government or recognized/accredited institution. He/she will be eligible for stipend as under, subject to qualifications mentioned in Para 2 above:-
- Class I onwards: -
(a) Children of Shuhada, deceased or disabled ex service personnel.
(b) Special/Disabled children of ex-service personnel.
- Class IX onwards. Children of all normal ex-service personnel.
- Special/disabled children will be awarded stipend on promotion to next higher class, irrespective of marks obtained. In case a special child is eligible for higher award in any other group, then he/she will awarded stipend according to rates in that group.Special/Disabled children studying in normal institutions will, however,forward Disability Certificate issued by District Disability Assessing Board or Fauji Foundation Hospital/Medical Centre. Disability certificate issued by a private medical practitioner will NOT be accepted.
- Students will be eligible to apply for stipend in the classes they are studying, w.e.f the next day of SOS of their father/mother.
- Maximum three children of a normal ex- serviceman will be awarded stipend in a session (in addition to Disable/Special children). However, there is no restriction for number of children in respect of Shuhada, disabled and deceased ex-serviceman.
b. Technical/Vocational Training/Polytechnic. Applications will be accepted irrespective of marks obtained in the previous board/university exam. In case a student passing out of these institutions applies for Excellence Award on getting admission in higher professional courses, it is mandatory for him to score minimum 80 % marks in final exam of the diploma.
c. Allama Iqbal Open University Courses.
- Beneficiaries studying in AIOU approved centers on regular basis will be eligible for stipend atrates applicable to their respective groups. They will be required to apply for scholarship on yearly basis.Students undergoing correspondence courses will be paid stipend if they apply within one year of completion of the course.
- Upper age limit for male students is 25 years. This will be determined from the date of qualifying/completing a certificate/degree as given therein. However, female students will be awarded stipend subject to provision of unmarried certificate issued by concerned Union Council.
- For the students undergoing correspondence courses through AIOU it will be mandatory to obtain 60% marks in previous class examination as well as class for which scholarship applied. Attested copies of Detailed Marks Certificate for previous class and class for which stipend appliedis to be attached like all other regular students.
d. There is no age limit for un-married/divorced daughters, special/disabled children and for ex-service personnel themselves and their spouses.
4. In-eligibility. Applications in the following cases will be REJECTED.
- Court Martial cases, dependents of Pak Rangers/Janbaz/Mujahid Force (Less 10 Corps Mujahids)/Frontier Corps, Scouts/Army Postal Service, Recruits (other than para 1.C. (1) above),civilians paid out of defence estimates and East Pakistan Rifles.
- Students studying in those classes of Dini Madaris for whom equivalence has not been provided by the Ministry of Education/University Grants Commission/ Higher Education Commission.
- Students studying in Military Colleges except wards of Shuhada.
- Applicants for Post Matric Group who have obtained less than 60% marks in the last final Board/ University examination or in intervening classes.
- Stipend already availed for the class applied for.
- Application pertaining to previous academic session.
- If duration of the course is less than one year.
- Form B/CNIC number differs from the previous record.
- Stipend application received in-complete in any respect and after the due date.
- Specialist courses after MBBS, M. Phil/ PhD or any other discipline.
- If a student sends more than one application for the same session, class, Fauji Foundation reserves the right to reject all the applications.
- Children of Senior Officers (Brigadiers & above) except deceased Brigadiers.
- Disciplinary cases debarred from receipt of either pension or gratuity.
- Voluntarily retiring before completion of 10 years of service.
- Invalided out, cause not attributable to military service.
- Discharged for not being found fit for further service prior to completion of 10 years of service.
- Students availed stipend of higher class/group previously and now applied for lower class/group
- Adopted children.
- Stipends are restricted to only THREE children of an ex-serviceman/women (in addition to invalid/special children) for all categories irrespective of date of retirement. However, there is no restriction for wards of Shuhada, Deceased and disabled ex-servicemen/women.
5. Incomplete/Observed Cases
In complete applications will be returned to the students concerned for correction. However, postal expenses will be borne by the beneficiaries. Observed applications, if received duly corrected within schedule dates/session will be entertained.
6. Bar on Dual Stipends
The applicant must not be in receipt of stipend/monetary aid from any other source (except Zakat and occasional awards on performance by the institutions). If so, he/she must surrender it before being eligible for Fauji Foundation Stipend. Otherwise the option to select either of the stipend/aid/scholarship would rest with the student (fee concession will not be treated as monetary aid). However, special/disabled children can draw Fauji Foundation Stipend in addition to the stipend if being paid by Provincial Government/Schools.
7. Beneficiaries studying in Fauji Foundation Model Schools/Colleges
Since the educational expenses of such beneficiaries are being heavily subsidized, hence they are not eligible for grant of stipend. However, following categories of students will remain eligible:-
- Students securing 80% or above marks from class VIII onwards.
- Children of Shuhada, deceased or disabled (class A) ex-service personnel.
- Special/Disabled children of ex-service personnel.
- Children of ex-service personnel studying as civilians and paying full fee (certificate to this effect will be required).
8. Excellence Award
- A student shall become eligible for Excellence Award only if he/she secures minimum 80 % marks in intermediate or equivalent exam, or in case of ‘A’ Level minimum 80% marks in two subjects of concerned discipline of higher professional courses listed at Para8.c and gets admission in a Government or specified private institution for higher studies in specified disciplines. For Post Graduate courses, students securing minimum 80% marks in intermediate and 67% marks in BA/ BSc or equivalent, will be eligible for Excellence Award only for approved disciplines.
- Criteria for Continuation of Award. The Excellence Award will be paid yearly, based on result of each year. For students missing the chance to apply for Excellence Award in the first year of admission, the payment would be retrospective and criteria will be as follows:-
- Initial eligibility of 80% marks in intermediate and equivalent exam as well as admission in higher professional courses.
- For Post Graduate courses, 80% marks in intermediate and 67% marks in BA/BSc or equivalent studies only for approved disciplines.
- For intervening classes, cumulative result of two semesters/annual examination will be considered and stipend awarded as per sliding scale given below:-
Conversional System GPA system Stipend Amount
70% & above
3.5 to 4.00
100% (b) 65% to 69.9 % 3.0 to 3.49 75% (c) 60% to 64.9% 2.5to 2.99 50% (d) Below 60 % Below2.5 Ineligible
- Higher Professional Courses/Classes & Educational Institutions. Students undergoing followingcourses/classes in following institutions only shall be eligible for Excellence Award:-
- Courses. MBBS, BDS, D/M Pharmacy, D/M Physiotherapy, D/M Vet Sciences, BSc/MSc (Engg), BSc/MSc( Agriculture), BIT/MIT, BCS/MCS and MBA.
- Government Universities & Professional Colleges.
- Pakistan Defense Forces Universities & Professional Colleges.
- Fauji Foundation Professional Colleges.
- Following private Universities & Professional Colleges:-
- GIK Institute, Swabi.
- Aga Khan University, Karachi.
9. Time Period of Stipend
- Stipend is awarded for a complete academic session/class. Stipend applications for previous class/session or a broken period of academic session and courses of less than one year duration will not be accepted. This rule is also applicable to Allama Iqbal Open University courses.
- Only one stipend is awarded during an academic year.
- A copy of approved award list will be sent to the respective District Armed Services Board.
Students, who migrate from one institution to another before receiving stipend, must submit Migration Certificate to General Manager (Stipends), Fauji Foundation Head Office, duly signed by the head of the NEW INSTITUTION to effect change in payment records, immediately on migration /admission in the new institution.
11. Schedule.Stipends are processed and awarded according to a fixed schedule for each year. Students must follow the schedule strictly while submitting the applications. Current schedule is as follows:-
|Pre Matric||Post Matric, Groups 1& II||Post Matric Group III|
|Application to reach Stipend Deptt||1 Apr- 31 May||1 Nov-31 Dec||1 Nov-31 Dec||1 Mar-30 Apr||1 Jan-28 Feb||1 May-30 Jun|
|Payment of Stipends||Nov-Dec||Apr-May||Mar-Apr||Jul-Aug||Apr-May||Aug-Sep|
- Applications for classes for which the sessions are different from the one given in Para 11 above, must be forwarded within two months of declaration of Exam result or admission.
- Applications for TTC/VTC/PolyTech/ Draftsman /Surveyor and AIOU will be sent in their relevant groups, according to schedule mentioned in Para 11 above.
- The schedule is subject to change in accordance with Government policy or educational sessions.
12. Procedure for Submitting Application
- Application Forms. Stipend application forms can be obtained on cash payment of Rs.6.00 per form, from the offices of District Armed Services Board, Fauji Foundation Welfare Projects and Fauji Foundation Head Office, 68 Tipu Road, Chaklala, Rawalpindi Cantt. Form can also be downloaded free of cost from Fauji Foundation website <www.fauji.org.pk>.
- How To Apply. A beneficiary is required to apply every year. Forms are processed through computer, therefore, it is essential that application forms are correctly and neatly filled up in English(Capital Letters) and all portions/sections completed. While submitting the application, the applicant MUST read the instructions printed on the form so that forms are not rejected/returned from this office. If receipt portion of the application form is affixed with the postal stamp, only then it will be replied/acknowledged.
- Documents Required.Copies of following documents duly attested are required to be submitted along with application:-
(1) For Fresh Application
- Discharge certificate/pension book of self/father or mother.
- National Identity Card of father/ mother.
- National Identity Card or NADRA issued Form ‘B’ of applicant.
- Death certificate/Disability certificate of father /mother (if applicable).
- In case a disabled beneficiary is studying in a normal school, the Disability Certificate only obtained from District Disability Assessment Board or FF Hospital/Centre will be acceptable. Medical certificate issued by an ordinary medical practitioner will NOT be accepted.
- Detailed marks sheet for Post Matric classes, duly attested by head of present educational institution or Asst Director/Deputy Director DASB or a Commissioned Officer (Serving or retired).
(2) For Renewal Cases. Stipend application form duly supported with a copy of Detailed Marks Sheet of previous class (only for post matric level classes), duly attested as applicable.
- Attestation of Form/Documents. Related section of the application form must be signed by Head of the Educational Institution. Section IV of the form and all other documents must be attested by Asst Director/Deputy Director DASB or Commissioned Officer (Serving/Retired) clearly showing Army number, Rank & Name. DMC (Detailed Marks Certificate) can, however, be attested by head of present educational institution. Attestation of documents of owns children by an officer are not acceptable.
13. Payment of Stipend
- Pre-Matric/Post Matric. Stipend will be paid through money order in the name of the student at home address. Money order charges are deducted from the stipend amount.
- Excellence/Distinction Award. The amount will be paid through a Bank Draft sent to head of the concerned educational institution in case of Excellence Award and to the nearest DASB in case of Distinction Award.
14. Forfeiture of Stipends.
A stipend is liable to be forfeited any time, if it is obtained through wrongful means. Fauji Foundation reserves the right to cancel the stipend with immediate effect, recover the amount of stipend since paid to the applicant, and debar the student concerned from future awards.
15. Correspondence and Queries
- All correspondence will be addressed to “General Manager (Stipends), Welfare Division (Education),Fauji Foundation Head Office, 68 Tipu Road, Chaklala,Rawalpindi Cantt”.
- In case of any query, the applicant MUST quote father’s/mother’s Service Number, last year’s stipend number, and district of domicile, alongwith a stamped/self-addressed envelope. Otherwise, stipend department is not obliged to reply.
- A query booth has been established at the main gate of Fauji Foundation Head Office, 68 Tipu Road, Chaklala, Rawalpindi Cantt. Visitors may contact the same during office working hours.